The joys of having a pet are many, like companionship, unconditional love, and LOTS of fur flying in the air. When I say “get the pet hair out of your eyes,” I literally mean that, as I often find an annoying single strand of cat hair has flown into my eye. The FURminator deShedding Tool is the most effective pet hair brush I’ve found to keep the fur from flying in my home and into my food, on my black clothes, on expensive furniture….
The key differentiator from other pet brushes is that the FURminator deShedding Tool gets down deep to the loose hair in your pet’s undercoat, unlike brushes that address only the topcoat.
Why I’m obsessed:
- My cat Supi LOVES the The FURminator. So much so that it’s hard to know when to stop brushing her with it. She gets that eyes half-closed Nirvana look on her face when I use it.
- The loose hair sticks in the brush and you can easily pull it right out and toss it. (See photo for the hairball aftermath.)
- I only use it about 1-2 times a week and I can see the difference in terms of less stray hairs around the house.
- It will last forever and is sturdy. I’ve got an older model (over 5 years!) with no FURejector button and have dropped it multiple times with no ill effects.
- You can amass a vast quantity of hair, and impress your friends and neighbors with the size of the hairballs you create.
- I use the FURminator Small Animal deShedding Tool, to be exact, as my cat is just about 10 lbs. Comes in small and large sizes, with different brush lengths. Apparently you can use this tool for small and large dogs, bunnies and even horses!
- Don’t worry about brushing hard, it won’t hurt your pet’s skin.
- If you want to make sure that you get all the fur contained, with no flyaways while brushing, you can lightly wet your hands so they’re damp to catch the hairs. Or use a sticky tape lint roller after brushing. I use the lint roller directly on my cat to save time. She doesn’t mind. 🙂