If you have straight eyelashes, finding mascara that doesn’t smudge is like going shopping for a pair of jeans: there are way too many options to try, there’s something off about almost all of them and the process just makes you feel bad about yourself in the end. 😉 A friend told me about Kevyn Aucoin The Volume Mascara and it’s been the “holy grail” mascara for me.
Why I’m Obsessed with Kevyn Aucoin The Volume Mascara:
- No raccoon eyes. The mascara doesn’t smudge because it forms slightly rubbery tubes around each lash. That’s why you don’t have a problem with flakes falling off onto your lower lid.
- Adds volume. Not crazy fake eyelash volume of course, but it’s great for a daily mascara.
- SO easy to take off with plain warm water–no makeup remover required! Much better than another tube mascara I’ve tried, which required much more work to take them off.
- In the rare event that I don’t take off all of my mascara, when I wake up in the morning, I STILL don’t have any smudges on my lids.
- Use warm water and be very gentle with your lashes when you rub the tubes off. You don’t want to pull off your lashes! Also, cold water isn’t as effective.
- This is a great daily mascara. It’s not as good at lengthening, so don’t expect a dramatic nighttime look.
- If you have straight lashes, use the Shu Uemura eyelash curler first.
- If you make a mistake and get some on your upper lid while applying it, you can easily clean it up with a damp cotton swab.
- It’s not as effective when it gets old because if it’s dry, it can get clumpy when you put it on. Use it when it’s fresh as much as you can!