I’m an avid traveler (one might say it’s an addiction) and like to fly somewhere about once a month. These are usually shorter trips, so it’s ideal to have carry on luggage that can accommodate a 2-night OR a 4-night trip. That’s why I’m calling it a “weekend plus” bag.
I’m on my second Baggallini Rolling Tote and will forever have one at all times. The first one I had was put through a lot and survived most of it, which was impressive. I could actually have kept it longer, but there was the tiniest tear in the side of one of the leather handles and I donated it while it was still usable.
Why I’m obsessed:
- Not sure how, but I’ve been able to use it for weekend trips, as well as four-night trips! Granted, those four-nighters were not to cold weather places that required bulky sweaters, but I was blown away for a carry-on. This would be no big deal for most, but I’m not one of those crazed light packers who take pride in having only exactly what they need for a trip. I like to have options.
- Padded laptop compartment. If you need it, it’s there, but I can safely put multiple pairs of shoes (I have two in this picture but could fit at least 2 more) that won’t get crushed with the weight of clothes. Also perfect for magazines. And a curling iron. Don’t forget that ziplock bag of toiletries, too.
- Pockets! Can’t have too many.
- Good quality. You can tell because the zippers don’t come off the teeth, the handles are sturdy and comfortable and the fabric doesn’t rip easily.
- The manufacturer comes out with bright two-tone color choices every year, making it stand out in a sea of boring black bags. My current one is grey with hot pink trim.
- Some tiny planes have overhead storage bins that are too small for this bag–but I’ve gotten around that by putting the bag under the seat in front of me. Yes, I have short legs, so it’s easier for me. One of the few advantages of being short.
Baggallini Carryon Rolling Travel Tote, Black Cheetah, One Size
Baggallini Rolling Tote CHL LK Carry On Bag, Charcoal Link, One Size
3 thoughts on “Best Weekend Plus Bag: Baggallini Rolling Tote Review”