I reviewed the older formulation of Priori SPF Powder Foundation a while ago, but wanted to give an update on the new formula. In short: still amazing! The packaging has been updated to be easier to use–but the powder still has great coverage, SPF 25 protection and doesn’t dry out your skin.
- Don’t use too much powder or else it may look caked on…Less is more.
- It appears that the colors are the same as before. I’m using “Shade 2”.
- More sophisticated packaging: The new container has a plastic dial that allows you to carefully meter out the amount of powder you want. Or at least more carefully than the old version, which had a thin tape over the holes that had to poke out yourself.
- I layer my sun protection just to make doubly (or triply?) sure that I’m protected. I start with my Suntegrity 5 in 1 tinted moisturizer. Then because I’m obsessed with sun protection and sometimes need to even out my skin tone and cover redness, I add on some Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation SPF 15. It’s not over yet. Then if I really want to get all the spots, I use my Evelyn Iona Natural Cream Concealer.
The original review:
Since we’re already talking about sun protection, if you want to really to cover all your bases, you can use an SPF powder like my favorite from Priori.
I’m not sure most people know about this product, but it contains a powerful antioxidant called coffeeberry. Antioxidants are important for your skin because they protect your skin from pollution, sun damage and all the bad things that can age your skin. If you’re going to use something on your face every day, it might as well have some of that good stuff in it.
I’ve searched for years for a loose face powder that would be fine enough to look smooth, not drying or cause flakiness (for my super dry skin), and can’t find one that beats this. And–the best part is that it has good coverage for my rosacea redness and SPF 25 to boot! I can honestly say that my rosacea has improved (possibly due to the zinc), but most importantly, it’s successfully protecting my skin from the sun.
Because I like to go overboard and pack on the sun protection, I use the Suntegrity 5 in 1 tinted moisturizer and then put the Priori powder on top of that.
Top benefits of Priori Perfecting Foundation:
- Your face still looks natural but flawless after applying
- Doesn’t dry out the skin like most powders
- Natural ingredients and packed with zinc and antioxidants
- Covers redness and imperfections
- Lasts forever because you don’t have to use much
- Less is more is key here–don’t poke too many holes in the plastic cover
- Their kabuki brushes are super soft and last a long time
- I think they are either changing the name of the product or discontinuing it. Better order it soon! The product I’ve been using is Perfecting Foundation. The new one seems to be called Perfecting Mineral Foundation SPF 25. I will be getting the new one and will update if I see that it’s different. I hope not!