If you’re living in a city whose stores charge for bags of any kind (to discourage paper/plastic bag waste, like San Francisco), you walk around with a foldable tote bag at all times. It feels kinda nerdy, but I feel a strange sense of satisfaction when I’m able to whip out my handy RuMe All Tote Bag, unfold it in seconds and feel like I’m being good to the planet.
I also needed a bag to carry my laptop (in a padded case), magazines and random things for traveling and just heading to work every day. It had to be durable, waterproof and zippered because I’m paranoid that items would fall out the top, like most tote bags. Of course it also needed to carry my trusty Vapur Water Bottle.
- Machine washable
- Size when open: 15″w x 12″h x 4″d
- Size when zipped and folded: 8″ x 6.5″ x 1″
- Comes in lots of colors and patterns. I bought the RuMe All Tote Bag in “Downing”
- Handles: 10″ long drop
- Elastic pouches on both sides for your water bottles
Why I’m obssessed with the RuMe All Tote Bag:
- Lightweight and small. This was key, since I get tired of carrying heavier bulky canvas tote bags around. Yes, I have zero arm strength. Mostly, I want to be able to keep it folded in my purse without taking up too much room.
- Has a zipper to completely close the top of the bag AND a zippered pocket on the side for small items! This is exciting to me because I take it on the plane and my smaller things stay safe inside when the bag is tucked under the airplane seat in front of me.
- Folds easily. You don’t have to remember complicated folding instructions or turn it inside out. You literally just shove it all into the front pocket, which has a zipper on the inside and outside of the pocket. So easy.
- Durable. I’ve had it for a year and used it almost every day to carry my 13″ MacBook Air and a full liter-sized Vapur Water Bottle, among other things. It’s still going strong and has not ripped!
- For a petite person like me, the shape is slightly A-line, so it doesn’t look too overwhelmingly large on my body. I’m trying to avoid the dreaded Olsen twin effect. Have you seen them carrying their huge purses around? Ridiculous. 🙂
- Perfect for taking on planes because it can carry magazines, but also to protect your fancy purse from sitting on the dirty airplane floor when under the seat in front of you. I also don’t feel bad resting my feet on it since it’s washable. I’d rather have my feet on the RuMe All Tote Bag than on the airplane floor!
- I also ordered the RuMe bFold Tote Bag, which is bigger, thinking I would use it for my laptop since it has a reinforced bottom, but it’s a lot larger and does not have a zippered top. I ended up using the RuMe All Tote Bag for everything in the end.
- If you’re using it for your laptop, use a padded sleeve since the bag doesn’t have any padding.
RuMe Bags RuMe All Tote Bag (Downing)
Rume Bags Reusable Black Herringbone The All Tote Bag
Rume Bags Reusable Gray Terra The All Tote Bag
Rume Bags Fushia Kayla Pink All Tote Bag
Rume Bags Reusable Echo The All Tote Bag
RuMe Bags bFold Folding Tote Bag with Reinforced Bottom (Fletcher)
4 thoughts on “The Perfect Foldable Tote Bag: The RuMe All Tote Bag Review”
Love it!!! I’m always looking for the perfect gift to give someone for Christmas and this is it. Thank you, Pam. I am sold.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m so glad to hear that, Julie! Good idea! It’s been a great bag for me and it’s not too pricey either.